Wednesday 14 October 2015

My Voice


My Voice…did I ever have one of my own?...

I spoke often but the words, I am afraid, were loaned…

 

The mothers…fathers…brothers….sisters…uncles….aunties…neighbours….

That every person other than myself….young or old….lesser or greater…..

All those who existed in the past…those that lived….and would one day live…

Some of those who mattered and some who were just another blip…

Some who had always only spoken that which they heard from someone else…

Some who were oblivious of mind’s existence….some who crooned paeans dedicated to their own self…

Some who always shouted….some who never spoke….

Some who thought only this…”Life will take its own course….”

Some who could think….some who only pretended to….

Some who wanted to hold on….some who could just let go….

 

In all these voices of him….of her….of all of them….

Did I ever have one that was my own….that was saying something more than just following the trend?...

 

This question is not mine to answer….at least not mine alone….

We will all have to answer it some day….can’t dodge it for too long….

The day we choose to answer this….let’s hope it dawns with a bless….

That the only word that parts our lips….is nothing but a resounding “Yes”….!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment