Thursday 22 March 2018

Coffee Talks - A VISION or a MISSION or a PURPOSE?

Life changes over coffee. The darker, the better :) I met one of my old friends recently who had opened his own coffee café. The design of the café was very attractive with aqua blue walls, lots of paintings & books. I asked him,"You were earning good money & looked happy to me. What made you leave your job?" He smiled & said,"Right, I was earning money but I did not know where I was going. There was no sense of direction. I did not resonate with the VISION or MISSION or PURPOSE of the organization" He went on to say,"I always had a VISION to start my own café where books and coffee will create a difference to people's lives. They read & they sip. That’s the place & culture I wanted to build." Okay, so I say,"That’s your VISION. You have done it. What next"? He said, "Next comes my MISSION. To brew my own coffee. Bake my own bread. And start serving healthy meals to customers." Sounded amazing. I asked,"So,you want to grow further. That's cool. What's driving you really? And he said,"That’s the most important part -PURPOSE- The force that drives me. When people read, they learn and they grow. I want myself & the people to learn & grow. And for that, I can do anything and everything possible. That keeps me going." And I felt - I grew a bit as well while talking to him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment